Scars of Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role playing, AMV, Fanfiction, gaming, and chatting.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Day

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Midnight Serenade
Admin
Admin

First Day Empty
PostSubject: First Day   First Day EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 3:43 pm

Tynaka shifted uncomfortably in her seat as she waited patiently for the principal to call her. This was her first day at this school, and already she had gotten herself in a bind. She crossed her legs casually, folding her dainty hands on top of her knees, and then cleared her throat. The main office seemed chaotic and each and every faculty members raced across the large office in waves, hauling large stacks of papers, or carrying boxes. A sigh escaped her full lips as she pressed her back into the wooden exterior of the chair, eyebrow arching highly on her young countenance. Her arms were brought up to the around that she was capable of folding them over her chest. A couple of sheets drifted their way, landing gently on her well polished shoes. She drifted her attention to it, realizing that the office was just becoming more and more hectic by the minute; Sighing once more, she bent over, lifting the sheets, and carefully stacked them in their proper order (considering they were dated). Tynaka then forced herself to saunter over to a short woman who was rather stocky. The woman had a stern look on her face, lines formed on her forehead, and a few sweat stains on her blouse. Instead of heavily judging the woman, Tynaka gave a innocent smile, allowing only the corner of her lips to curve partially. She quickly analyzed the desk until she was able to find a empty slot that was occupied, placing the sheets of paper. "I think you dropped this..."

"Thank you, miss-"
"Tynaka...Could I inquire something?" Voice gentle and polite.
"Go ahead, I'll help as much as I can." The woman's stern expression softened a bit, calming Tynaka a bit.
"Well, I've been waiting quite sometime for the principal to call me in, but it doesn't seem like that's happening any time soon..." Her voice trailed off, mouth twisted awkwardly to the side.
"Dr. Jenkins has been taking in a lot of students, not sure what happened in that classroom on the third floor." Tynaka's heart rate sped, but she quickly regained her composure, this time smiling to the point that she revealed rather sharp canines.
"Oh, that's completely understandable." The stocky woman glanced at the list of names of expected students.
"What is your name again, sweetie?"
"Um, Tynaka Oe?"
"You're not on this list, so I guess you've been waiting all this time for no reason." A sigh of relief escaped her lips as she giggled, planting her hand against her chest in order to steady her beating heart.
"Thank you, so much, ma'am...Um, I think I should go, I've missed the majority of my class."
"Oh, here, I'll write a slip for you."
Back to top Go down
https://hyperballad.rpg-board.net
P.T.Soxxer

First Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day   First Day EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 6:11 pm

((let me know if this is okay))

Lex had been watching Tynaka with a slight scowl as she sat on the other side of the room. She'd seen the girl's sigh, and almost agreed with her. Almost, that is, except for the fact that while Tynaka's good behavior and manners got her smiled at and pardoned from the meeting with "The Doc," Lexi's glare at the principal's door merely made her long wait for interrogation that much more unbearably angering. Somehow, despite her lack of involvement in bad behavior (minus the occasional drink or insubordination), Lexi was considered to be a "bad girl" by the rigid conformists of school staff. Or, most of the school staff.

Sauntering up, casually, to the receptionist's desk, she half-smiled, half-smirked at the seated receptionist, ignoring Tynaka entirely. "How are you doing, Helen?" She asked, politely, leaning on her dark leather-clad elbows, her black hair tumbling over the edge of the desk.

The woman, though not entirely angry, gave a bit of a glare at Lex's chained fingerless gloves, filling out a slip of paper for the other student.

Oh, right, dress code. Casually, Lexi tucked her hands into the back pockets of her skinny jeans. "So, how's the quilting class going?" She again attempted to make conversation, "My mom says that G Street has a great deal on rotary mats."

"What are you doing in here, Alexia?" The receptionist finally let up, sounding a little exasperated with a touch of disappointment.

Lexi shrugged, still managing to appear casual. "I was hoping you could tell me." She smiled, sweetly, the innocent tilt of her head causing the bangles along her earlobe to make a slight pleasant tinkling sound.

The older woman sighed, heavily. "Alexia. Sit back down. I'm sure Dr. Jenkins will be done with you in minutes."

Less patiently, Lexi's lips turned down slightly. "Hel-" glancing at Tynaka at the receptionist's glare, she over-dramatically corrected herself, "Ms. Richards. I have lunch next. You know I plan to head across to the mall."

Ms. Richards casually ignored her, blatantly focusing back on Tynaka with a soft smile. "There you go, honey."

Rolling her eyes, Lexi returned to slump back into her seat.
Back to top Go down
Midnight Serenade
Admin
Admin

First Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day   First Day EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 1:50 pm

((It's definitely okay, and I loved your action.))

The young woman shifted uncomfortably once more as she glanced over at a fellow student named Alexia. She had heard many stories about her, and a small portion felt rather envious. Tynaka tilted her head to the side, carefully studying the female's overall appearance. The fact that she purposely disregarded the dress code amused her. She found herself staring longer than expected, quickly snapping out of deep contemplation, then smiled warmly towards Ms. Richards, politely nodding her head in thanks. Just to insure her innocence she thought it was very appropriate to inquire what happened on the third floor.

"Ms. Richards, I was curious as to what started pandemonium ," she joked. Her gentle laughter followed afterwards, showing how timid she truly was.

"Well to be honest, sweetie I'm not very sure... But I'm pretty sure word will get around. You should hurry to class, Ms. Oe, you only have about ten minutes." Tynaka froze briefly as her eyes widened. Quickly she nodded more aggressively, giving a quick 'thank you' before turning on her heels and rushing out of the office. The heels of her shoes pound against the floors, the sound echoing loudly in the partially empty corridors.

"Crap, crap! Not on the first day, my dad will kill me!" She shouted. Suddenly making a sharp turn to the left and then stumbling in front of a group of senior boys. Tynaka quickly regained her balance after planting her hand firmly against the locker, her cheeks immediately flushed from embarrassment as she stalked off in the opposite direction, realizing that the entire time she was heading the wrong way. For one polite girl, she was rather gawky, and a complete social outcast. Her hand felt warmer from her impact with the locker to brace a possible fall, but she couldn't care less. She was determined to make it to class before it ended. After minutes of stumbling and trudging through the halls, she finally reached her chemistry class...Too late. Students were exiting the room. She exhaled heavily, causing her hair to fly up, and then descend on her disappointed visage. Her dainty palm slapping against her cheek.

Last edited by Midnight Serenade on Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
P.T.Soxxer

First Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day   First Day EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 6:11 pm

Lexi glanced at her watch as she watched Tynaka leave. Damn. She hated to wait, especially for something so utterly pointless. Still, there was something too innocent in Tynaka's question.... As the principal's door opened, releasing the last suspect that had been questioned, Lex marched inside, not waiting for her name to be called.

"Alexia Parris." Dr. Jenkins gave her a thin smile. Dr. Jenkins - or "the Doc," as most of the students referred to him - was a man for whom years could only bring wisdom. Most of the students guessed he was in his 40's, though no one was quite sure. Age had dulled his brown hair, and given him wrinkles here and there, but didn't serve to either soften or amplify his powerful look. His lips were thin and pale, his hair short and neat, and his eyes a piercing blue that always seemed to know (and were amused by) your deepest thoughts. For most students questioned by the Doc, the eyes did it.

"Hey Dr. Jenkins," Lexi smiled, taking a seat in one of the cushioned chairs in front of his desk, casually slipping her gloves off in her pockets before placing her now bare hands on her knees as she crossed them politely. "Did you have some questions for me?" She asked, calmly and seemingly happily.

He gave her a look of wry amusement for a second, before sighing and leaning back in his chair, breaking eye contact briefly. "Lexi, I'd like to know what your rush is."

She hadn't expected that, and the surprise was evident on her face. She hesitated. "Lunch. I have lunch next period, and I usually buy it across the street. I like to be punctual, so I don't miss my next class."

He nodded, "Well, you're excused." He dismissed her with a wave of his hand, busying himself with straightening some papers on his desk.

Lexi blinked. "Um..."

He looked back to her. "You're clean. You can go."

She raised an eyebrow skeptically, but at his matching look she turned to leave, smiling slightly. He was an odd one, the Doc. A great principal, but odd nonetheless. As she exited, she gave a wave to Ms. Richards, grinning impishly.

Checking her watch again as walked leisurely down halls and staircases, Lexi whistled a little, pulling her lanyard from her pocket, unclipping it from her jeans, and swinging her keys around her finger. She glanced at the wall clock, mentally counting down to the bell. ...4...3...2....1.... The bell toned, signaling the release of class, and Lexi was suddenly unable to swing her keys if she wanted to, the halls were so packed. She paused just yards away from the exit - her portal to french fry heaven - cocking her head to the side as she recognized Tynaka, standing in breathless disappointment outside of the emptying chem class a couple of feet away.

"Did you just get here?" Lexi asked, in surprise, swinging her keys again lazily.
Back to top Go down
Midnight Serenade
Admin
Admin

First Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day   First Day EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 11:02 pm

Tynaka jumped after hearing the young woman's voice ring out. She had blocked almost everything out, except her thoughts of her father's lengthy speech that will await her for when she returned home. She was now facing the direction in which she originally heard Alexia's voice, smiling warmly before nodding. The girl arched her eyebrow on her innocent visage as she inhaled deeply, and then released that pint breath. "I'm such a klutz." She admitted, laughing ever so softly. That was all she could think of to say as she remained in the exact same spot, which was a good idea since students quickly darted down the halls without a care in the world, colliding into each other like a careless herd, and bumping chest as they greeted their companions. The corner of her lips curved upwards as she smirked, nodding once more before awkwardly lifting her dainty hand as a gesture of good-bye. She spun around so that she was facing the opposite direction, carefully maneuvering through the sea of students cluttering the halls. It became clear that she was not heading to lunch, but towards one of the back exits.

By the time she reached the end of the hall, the crowds dispersed as each individual quickly gathered their items for another class or to spend time in the lunch room. Tynaka pressed her hand against the metal exterior, pushing it open just enough to slip through, and then calmly shut the door behind her. There was a gentle breeze that met her soft flesh, closing her eyes so that she could enjoy the feeling, even if it were a brief moment, before sauntering down the steps. Apparently, she was not the only one that had plans on leaving the building. There were a group of seniors standing near a beige jeep. One male quickly darted his attention to the medium framed freshman as she quickly averted her attention to her shoes, nervously playing with the ripples at the edge of her blouse. "She's kind of cute." The senior stated as he licked his lips playfully, followed by a cocky grin.

"Only if you like the geek thing, I guess." One girl stated. Tynaka lifted her gaze so that she could see their faces, just once. "Besides..." The girl continued, " more than a handful is a waste." Much emphasis was placed in her last statement as she gave Tynaka a challenging glance. The freshman realized that her steps ceased, but could not force herself to move. She had gotten in trouble already and somehow it was completely overlooked, maybe luck would prove useful again... Or maybe not. She began walking, until hearing the female call out, "Hey freshman, come 'ere." Tynaka lifted her head up to the sky, closing her eyes. "Over here nerdlette!" Yes, she was being called. She turned, visage immediately becoming flushed as she reluctantly shuffled over to the group. The male who previously thought her somewhat attractive planted his hand against her shoulder, causing her to jump. "Aw, she's scared," the girl joked before cackling.

"Don't worry," the senior boy began, "I don't bite. Just wanna talk to you."
Back to top Go down
P.T.Soxxer

First Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day   First Day EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:25 pm

((Just a little confused - I assume these are playable? Also, not angry or anything, just hoping you can watch out for God-moding and try to avoid it. Thanks =] ))

"You do too bite," the girl smirked, nudging him with a suggestive look, then turning her sharp gaze to Tynaka.

"Only when they ask me to," he joked, managing to keep eye contact with Tynaka briefly as his lips curved into a half-grin, half-smirk. He moved his arms down to her upper arms, stepping back and looking her over like a racehorse.

-----

Lexi had been curious, as she was wont to be, and couldn't figure out why Tynaka would go to the back lots. So, once she'd revved up her well-worn-but-not-clunked-out car, she pulled out of the side lot, driving around to the back of the school. Huh, it didn't look like Tynaka had left-- oh, no.

Lexi rolled her eyes. Of all people for Tynaka to run into, the poor freshie, it had to be them. They didn't have any kind of cute nickname, this group, but everyone knew who they were. Cameron Jones, Dylan Brock, Cassie Lott.... each name corresponding to one of the small group of seniors. Not wanting to step in too soon - let the girl defend herself first, Lex wasn't gonna get mad at her friendly acquaintances without good reason. Besides, she like Cam - the boy who now looked Tynaka over - he was funny, and could still manage a good conversation. Cassie she agreed was a bitch, but she'd deal if Cam brought her along.

Sliding into a parking space, Lexi grabbed a bag of pretzels from the back seat, snacking on them as she rolled down the window, listening intently with a bland sort of interest.
Back to top Go down
Midnight Serenade
Admin
Admin

First Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day   First Day EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 8:52 pm

((I don't believe I god-modded, but if I did I apologize. I thought if it were unimportant characters or nameless I could control their actions a bit, as long as it was an equal opportunity.))

Tynaka eyes shifted around as she carefully studied each senior's visage. Her body perfectly stolid, fists clenched so tightly that her nails dug deeply into them. Slowly, her gaze shifted over to the senior boy's hand that was placed on her upper arm, a small fraction wished to shrug it off, but she decided against it. Her full lips parted slightly as if to say something, but she decided against it. The loud thudding in her chest calmed gradually as she saw inhaled deeply, finally gaining the courage to speak. "Well... I have to go home, so I'll be going." She turned only to hear one of the seniors cackling.

"Yeah, go home to mommy. You don't want to miss your curfew." She stopped, biting the inside of her cheek before shrugging, attempting to show that she didn't care much for their comments. "Run along." Tynaka's steps quickened as she longed more than ever to return home. This time she didn't sulk or hang her head as she sauntered out of the parking lot, her head remained up as if proud of her silence; using her index finger to flick away a stray tendril. Luckily she did not leave very far from the school. First on her agenda was to make a snack, anything, and probably occupy herself with some light researching, if she were lucky. A fraction tempted her to erase any possible messages from the school, but that idea was quickly erased. Why attempt to avoid something when the evasion of trouble could lead to more problems? She sighed lightly, her steps growing fewer, the voices of the seniors gradually died out. Tynaka placed her arms behind her back, fingers interlocking as she quickly slipped into an oblivious state.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Day   First Day Empty

Back to top Go down

First Day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Scars of Time :: Role Playing :: High School Themed-
Jump to: